In this post, you will find the complete list of The Sims 4 cheats. Our full list of the Sims 4 cheat console commands will help you modify skills, aspirations, motives, get money, change the UI and even build anything anywhere. The Sims 4 was released on September 2, 2014 on PC and later on macOS, PS4, Xbox One.
Keep in mind that just like previous “The Sims” games some of the cheats require more advanced debugging cheats to be enabled, so you better start by enabling the advanced testing/debugging cheats (read below on how to do this).
Also, if you are interested in more cheats make sure to check the rest of our cheat code guides.
How to enable the Sims 4 cheat console
So, to start using cheats, you first need to bring up the cheat console. Here are the instructions to do it on every device:
- The Sims 4 PC cheat console activation: Hold down Ctrl and Shift, then press C.
- The Sims 4 Mac cheat console activation: Hold down Command and Shift, then press C.
- The Sims 4 PS4 cheat console activation: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once.
- The Sims 4 Xbox One cheat console activation: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once.
A console box will pop up at the top of your screen to type all the available cheat code commands.
Premise: Activate Test Cheats for Debugging
The premise to be able to use the full list of the Sims 4 cheat commands is similar to what is required for the Sims 3 cheats.
Players can enable the full effects of the developer console (in essence all games featuring console cheat commands allow you to use the developer console and run commands that developers use for testing), which is a requirement for some cheat commands.
In this “The Sims” game you will need to bring up the cheat console and enter:
This will enable extra cheats and the popular shift-click cheats, which allow you to shift-click on Sims, buildings, items and get access to further cheat options based on the unit you selected. Obviously, you cannot shift-click on consoles, so you will have to press X+O on PS4 and A+B on Xbox one to trigger a shift-click.
Shift-Click Sims 4 cheats
After enabling shift-click cheats, you can use the following shift-click cheats:
- [Teleport] Shift-click anywhere on free ground, then select Teleport Sim to a Sim teleport to that location.
Shift-Click on Sims
- Shift-click on a Sim and select Cheat Need > Make Happy to them mood boost.
- You can also disable a Sim's happiness degradation to keep them permanently in the same mood by selecting Cheat Need then Disable Need Decay.
- Shift-click on a Sim then pick Modify in CAS to edit them in Create-a-Sim. You can edit everything except for the Sim's name and inherited traits.
- Shift-click on a Sim then choose Reset Object to reset their status.
Shift-Click on Objects
- Shift-click on an object then select Reset Object to reset its status.
- Shift-click on an object then select either Make Dirty or Make Clean to make it dirty or clean.
Money Sims 4 cheats
The usual money codes kaching, rosebud, and motherlode are available on the Sims 4 too, but there is more you can do.
The codes below will provide you extra Simoleons:
- kaching or rosebud: Acquire 1,000 Simoleons.
- motherlode: Acquire 50,000 Simoleons.
Once again, there is a more powerful command that allows you to set a specific amount of money for your household:
- Money [number]: Gives the specified amount of money to your household.
House and Real Estate Sims 4 cheats
- freerealestate: buy any house you want [enable this code in Map mode first].
Objects Sims 4 cheats
The cheats below allow you to build anywhere, move objects, and unlock hidden and career objects:
- bb.enablefreebuild: Enabling this cheat allows you to build anywhere.
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement: Unlock special career items in building mode.
- bb.showhiddenobjects: Gain access to hidden items in build/buy catalog.
- bb.moveobjects on: Allows you to place objects anywhere on the grid.
Relationship Sims 4 cheats
The cheats below allow you to create new Sims that are already your friends, make all your neighbors know your Sim, and even modify romance or friendship levels.
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim: Create a new Sim that is already friends with you.
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others: Introduces your Sim to all neighbors, so all neighbors will know you.
- modifyrelationship [SourceFirstName] [SourceLastName] [TargetFirstName] [TargetLastName] [Number] LTR_Friendship_Main: Allows you to increase or decrease the friendship level between two Sims based on the number specified.
- modifyrelationship [SourceFirstName] [SourceLastName] [TargetFirstName] [TargetLastName] [Number] LTR_Romance_Main: Allows you to increase or decrease the romance level between two Sims based on the number specified.
Motives, skills, and satisfaction The Sims 4 cheats
You can use the cheats below to fill all or specific motives:
- sims.fill_all_commodities: Fills all motives.
- fillmotive motive_bladder: Fills bladder motive.
- fillmotive motive_energy: Fills energy motive
- fillmotive motive_fun: Fills fun motive.
- fillmotive motive_hunger: Fills hunger motive.
- fillmotive motive_hygiene: Fills hygiene motive.
- fillmotive motive_social: Fills social motive.
Satisfaction and Aspiration cheats
- sims.give_satisfaction_points [Number]: Gives your Sim [number] satisfaction points.
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone: Complete your Sim's current aspiration goal.
- stats.set_skill_level [Skill Name] [1-10]: With this cheat you can set [Skill Name] to any level between 1 (min) and 10 (max).
Below you will find all the available Skill Name options:
Death and ghost The Sims 4 Cheats
- death.toggle true/false: Makes Sims immortal/mortal.
- sims.add_buff Ghostly – make your Sim a ghost, lasts four in-game hours
World and UI The Sims 4 Cheats
- resetsim [SimFirstName] [SimLastName]: Resets the specified Sim.
- headlineeffects on/off: Enable/disable the headline effects above Sims such as plumbobs and speech bubbles
- hovereffects on/off: Enable/disable the hover effects when you cursor over a Sim.
- fullscreenToggle: Switch the game between fullscreen and windowed mode
- fps on/off: Turn on/off FPS display.