AFK Arena Guild Hunting is a guild-only event. You won't have access to it unless you are in a guild. It consists of two boss fights, one against Wrizz and one against Soren. The fight against Wrizz is a daily event, and the fight against Soren can be unlocked every time the guild has accumulated 9,000 daily/weekly activity points. You have three attempts on each boss, and the fights can be aborted without losing an attempt or restarted. The goal is to maximize damage to get as many rewards from each attempt. We present a list of the best AFK Arena Guild Hunting Teams for Wrizz and Soren to maximize said damage.
Below you will find some of the recommended team lineups to beat the Guild Hunting bosses easily, do a lot of damage, and get better rewards.
The lineups below rely heavily on Scarlet, but Saurus is a viable alternative as the primary damage dealer in both fights until you build up your Scarlet.
Below you will find the best Wrizz teams for both early and late game. Note that this guide aims mostly for the best AFK Arena Guild Hunting teams in the endgame.
|Bombs Away||Wrizz labs a bomb at his enemies causing massive damage to a large area of the battlefield. This skill deals a lot of damage to all your heroes and summoned units. There are 4 blasts during a battle occur approximately at 1:16, 0:53, 0:29, 0:08 (timer until the end of the battle).|
|Molotov||Wrizz hurls a molotov cocktail at his enemies that deals magic damage to them and causes them to burn for a short duration. This skill always targets the nearest enemy. Burning lasts for 9 seconds and blocks by shields. Wrizz uses this skill approximately every 7 seconds.|
|Enrage||Enrage – the more life that they lose the more enraged they become, increasing their damage output. Number of this skill's stacks displayed next to the damage counter on the fight screen.|
“Bombs Away” is the most dangerous among Wrizz's skills as it can almost one-shot heroes like the Twins if they are not strong enough.
AFK Arena Best Wrizz teams
All AFK Arena's best Wrizz teams include Saurus, Rosaline, and the Twins. You can then add Belinda and Raine, Warek and Raine, Belinda and Rowan, Warek and Rowan, and similar other combos depending on what works for you.
The best Wrizz teams could even consist of just Saurus and four support units and still be really great. Don't be afraid to experiment and reset the fight if it doesn't go well.
At the moment, my highest damage against Wrizz is 7,000,000,000 and what works best is the first team below. I think this is far from ideal, and that's because I scroll-swapped my 5-star Belinda.
I don't think Warek is as good in the Wrizz fight, which is weird as his 80% more damage effect when he uses skill 2 still stands. His 9/9F gives him a 100% hit chance, so it's pretty good but not a requirement, in my opinion.
For reference, my damage on Soren is 8,500,000,000 so I believe I'm leaving a lot on the table against Wrizz.
Raine on 3/9 Furniture is great for Wrizz, and all formations below take advantage of a 3 or 4-member Lightbearer bonus. Keep in mind that my Rosaline is 9/9F, so she can do a little bit of DPS.
Please keep in mind that positioning matters A LOT in AFK Arena. The first team is the one I still use, despite trying a ton of different lineups.
Scarlet is insane for Guild Hunting and probably most bosses in the game. She is also insane in King's Tower, I just cleared 25 floors of the LB tower thanks to her. I still have one day of free trial (9/9F, SI +30, e50) and my own Scarlet is at M+, SI +25, 0/9F, so you can expect a full test and a video with her in most game modes.Anastasios Antoniadis aka Cyberfunk
Wrizz damage cap hit: 100,000,000,000 (video)
By now you already know that Scarlet can kill off Wrizz at his current damage cap, so here is the video. I believe this is the best formation to ensure the survival of all backline heroes:[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”gBQNnZYk” upload-date=”2022-03-09T18:04:06.000Z” name=”Scarlet vs Wrizz: 100,000,000,000 damage kill” description=”Team Hunting: With Scarlet as the carry and damage dealer Wrizz's damage cap of 100,000,000,000 was reached.” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
In the table below I have replaced Saurus (SI +30, Chaos Bringer) with Scarlet. If you don't have her, stick to Saurus. For maximum damage you are going to need an SI +30, 9/9F Scarlet. Dura's Eye and Warden of the Arcane are interchangeable for Scarlet in this fight, while Dura's Blade can also work.
|Front Top||Front Bottom||Back Top||Back Middle||Back Bottom|
|Warden of the Arcane, SI +30, 9/9F||Dura's Blade, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Eye, 3/9F||Chaos Bringer|
|Warden of the Arcane, SI +30, 9/9F||Dura's Blade, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Eye, 3/9F||E+|
|Warden of the Arcane, SI +30, 9/9F||Dura's Eye, 3/9F, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Eye, 3/9F||Dura's Blade, SI +20|
|Warden of the Arcane, SI +30, 9/9F||Dura's Eye, 3/9F, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +30||Dura's Blade, SI +20|
|Warden of the Arcane, SI +30, 9/9F||Chaos Bringer||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Eye, 3/9F||Dura's Blade, SI +20|
Saurus was the hero that will deal the most damage, and everything else around him is there to buff his DPS. Scarlet is a better option than Saurus as she outdpses him while Saurus' healing is not necessary as you become stronger
Rosaline should follow Saurus/Scarlet, and the Twins will link the two of them. I don't like using healers in this fight, and I just rely on support heroes and skills for heals.
Belinda can be useful in this fight as a second DPS as she can do a decent amount of damage with 3/9F (mandatory). However, formations with Scarlet/Saurus as the sole DPS are still topping the leaderboards.
- The 3 faction members buff gives 10% more damage and 10% more HP.
- Faction advantage gives 25% more damage for Rosaline, Belinda, and Raine against Wrizz.
Warek is great thanks to his Bonebreaker skill (thrown enemy receives 80% more damage for 10 seconds). Maximizing Warek's haste will allow him to use Bonebreaker more times in the fight.
Below you will find the best teams for Soren. But first, let's start with Soren's skill set, which makes him a perilous enemy.
|Char||This skill channels for 2 seconds and deals a huge amount of damage to all your heroes and summoned units. This skill is used 4 times during a battle, approximately at 1:16, 0:53, 0:29, 0:08 (timer until the end of the battle).|
|Frighten||Soren frightens his enemies to their very core, causing them to lose health and turn on their allies in the ensuing panic. This skill casts a charming effect lasting 5 seconds to all your heroes and summons unit in front of Soren. This skill is used approximately every 9 seconds.|
|Enrage||The more life that they lose the more enraged they become, increasing their damage output. The number of this skill's stacks is displayed next to the damage counter on the fight screen.|
Note that this is a damage increase, not an Attack Rating increase, so heroes like Grezhul or Daimon, who steal or acquire a percentage of the target's Attack Rating are not useful against Soren and other AFK Arena bosses (Wrizz and the Twisted Realm ones).
The thing to worry about with Soren is his Frighten ability, charming units in front of him. That is why we typically use a hero that can turn Soren around. That can be Warek, Cecilia, or worse choices like Silvina and Numisu to turn him around and avoid a mass charm.
Char is dangerous too, but your heroes can survive it as they grow stronger. This is another fight that I don't use a healing unit per se and rely on support units, and even though I don't Saurus on +30 SI.
Check my Signature Item and emblems guide for more information on Signature Items.
Below you will find the optimal recommended team comps for Soren.
Scarlet is your best DPS option for Soren too, but this trickier as Soren's damage and frighten are on another level than Wrizz's.
For that reason, you are going to also need Saurus for his healing and Rosaline must follow Saurus to help him keep your team alive.
Since Soren is a Graveborn foe you will also have a hard time keeping Raine alive, so Warek is a good alternative but you may need him at SI +20 to keep him alive.
My final recommendation here is to swap Warek with Cecilia to keep Soren turned around if you have a strong, ascended Cecilia.
For Raine 3/9F is a prerequisite, otherwise, Mortas is probably a better option if you don't have a 3/9F Raine.
|Front Top||Front Bottom||Back Top||Back Middle||Back Bottom|
|Warden of the Arcane, SI +30, 9/9F||Chaos Bringer, SI+30||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Eye, 3/9F|
|Warden of the Arcane, SI +30, 9/9F||Chaos Bringer, SI+30||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +20||Chaos Bringer|
|Warden of the Arcane, SI +30, 9/9F||Chaos Bringer, SI+30||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dual Divinity|
|Chaos Bringer, SI+30||Chaos Bringer||Dura's Call||Dura's Blade, SI +20||Dura's Call, SI +20|
|Chaos Bringer, SI+30||Dura's Eye, 3/9F, SI +20||Dual Divinity||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Blade, SI +20|
|Chaos Bringer, SI+30||Chaos Bringer||Dura's Call, SI +20||Dura's Eye, 3/9F||Dura's Blade, SI +20|
AFK Arena Best Soren teams
As you can see, once again, Saurus, Rosaline and the Twins are your go-to characters. The difference here is that you actually need Warek to turn Soren around, but you shouldn't use Warek's special, so no auto on this battle. If you decide to use Belinda, make Cecilia your fifth character to turn Soren around. However, the team below is probably the best Soren team around, although I have not tried it yet.
- 3-faction buff gives 10% more damage and 10% more HP.
- Faction advantage gives 25% more damage for Lightbearers against Soren.
- If you don't have a strong Warek, replace him with Cecilia to turn Soren around.
- You can also replace Raine with Belinda or Rowan and still do very good damage.
The 1,000,000,000 Soren team
This team got me 1,537,000,000 damage, so if you grow your characters enough, you should be able to do it too. My lineup:
Saurus: Ascended 2 stars, 3/9 Furniture, +22 SI, Dura's Blade
Belinda: Ascended 4 stars, 6/9 Furniture, +22 SI (what a waste!), Dura's Eye
The Twins: Legendary+, Dura's Grace
Cecilia: Elite, Dura's Blade
Rosaline: Mercenary, 5 stars, follows Belinda (not ideal)
Best Guild Hunting heroes
- Ultimate: Scarlet's ultimate is built for boss fights, although it works quite well in campaign and faction tower too. If you have strong support heroes it is best to invest in Scarlet than Saurus right from the start.
- Signature Item +30:Her ultimate will make enemies surrounded in residual dark energy explode for damage equal to 180% of Scarlet's rating and a extra 4% max health.
- 9/9 Furniture: This a real difference maker. At 3/9F Scarlet's Ultimate skill damage will be increased by 50% of Scarlet's attack rating every time she uses it, until it reaches 250. At 9/9F the Ultimate skill will deal an additional 8 attacks. Both are among the best furniture skills in AFK Arena.
- Warden of the Arcane or Dura's Eye: Both are valuable thanks to the Haste buff. If you have both at 5 stars Dura's Eye is the better choice in terms of DPS (it may be the best option if even if you don't). My Scarlet has 75% Crit Rating with Dura's Eye equipped and this gets to 85% after the first critical hit with a 5-star Dura's Eye, so one can enjoy the 25 Haste points bonus throughout the whole fight.
- Ultimate: Enables phase form for 9 seconds, which deals 85% of the original Saurus' damage value.
- Tenacity: Raises Saurus' attack rating by up to 50% and defense rating by up to 125% (5 stacks). At skill level 3, Saurus gives the AR and DR increases to his allies (absolute values).
- Signature +30: Heals allies for 150% of Saurus' attack rating every time he uses “War Strike” or “Burst Strikes” when “Tenacity” cannot be stacked anymore. This is vital to keep your allies alive until the end without needing a healer.
- Chaos Bringer: Raise Haste by 30, Damage to 15% so Saurus can optimize the Damage he makes. It is a better option than Dura's Blade if you have it. I don't, yet.
Rosaline is, in essence, your carry's personal buffer.
- Ultimate: Raise 60% by 60% for 4 seconds, for the ally Rosaline follows (should be Saurus) every time she uses “Motivation.”
- Signature: Raise 30% Damage(+20) and 25% Dodge & +30 Crit rating.
- Both Dura’s Blade and Dura’s Call are great for Rosaline.
- Ultimate: Marks all enemies, just the one, Wrizz or Soren, for 16 seconds. Damage is increased by 20% on marked enemies.
- Lock-on: Mark the enemy with the lowest health, which again is Wrizz or Soren for 10s. Since all allies target that enemy, their attack speed will increase by 30, and Crit Rating increased by 20% for 3s. Keep in mind that while the marking will last for 10s, then buff to allies will last only 3s.
- Exploit: Raise allies' damage by up to 30% as the enemies' health lowers. The problem with this one is that the boss's health does not get lower, so I think it doesn't do anything for bosses. But the next one does.
- 3/9 Furniture: After 3s of the battle, marks the health with the lowest enemy raises 30% for all allies. This is why people use Raine on bosses. So only use her with 3/9 furniture or more.
- Ultimate: Elijah and Lailah increase the party's haste by 75 for 10s. Removes all negative effects from allies and prevents them from being controlled for 4s.
- Unity: This one links the last two heroes affected by “Grace.” Then, each hero's attack rating, defense rating, crit rating, dodge, accuracy, and leech are increased by 15%(?) of the other hero's attributes. I think that's 15% and not an extra 15% added to the 20% level 2. I've seen other guides talk about 35%, but I think it's wrong. The percentage is reduced compared to level 2, but it affects more ratings than level 2. This is why Rosaline works well with Dura's Blade. If she is in the front row, she will pass a part of her AR to Saurus. This is also why Grezhul, who steals Attack Rating, is excellent in some cases, either on Guild Hunting or Twisted Realm.
- Dura’s Call makes sure Twins can buff Haste every second till the end of the battle.
Warek / Belinda
Warek or Belinda are pretty much swappable early on, but since Belinda is easier to ascend and build, you should probably use her for Wrizz. Eventually though you should focus on Warek as his unlocks more damage from other heroes (Saurus/Scarlet).
- Skill 2 (Warek) – Bonebreaker: Thrown enemy receives 80% more Damage for 10s.
- Skill 4 (Belinda): Raise both Attack Rating and Crit Rating by 20% for the ally with the highest Attack Rating, which should be Saurus.
Requirements for optimal damage
Let's now sum up what makes the best AFK Arena best Guild Hunting teams for Wrizz and Soren.
- Scarlet Signature Item +30, 9/9F and 5-star Dura's Eye will allow you to unleash devastating damage.
- Saurus Signature Item +30 so that he can heal allies and you can avoid using a healer, although I think you can do it even without one even without +30 SI, at least up to some point.
- Rosaline must follow Scarlet/Saurus to use “Motivation” on him. Against Soren it is best to make Rosaline follow Saurus to boost your party's survivability.
- Twins must link Rosaline and Scarlet/Saurus against Wrizz, so both of them are better off at the front row. Against Soren the Twins will link Saurus and Scarlet so both heroes will enjoy a decent Attack Rating boost (especially Saurus).
- Raine 3/9 furniture is a must if you plan on using her.
- If you use Belinda early on, go for 3/9 furniture as it increases the single-target damage of her Ultimate.
AFK Arena best Wrizz and Soren team recommendations?
If you have any recommendations to improve this list of best teams for Guild Hunting, please leave a comment and discuss it.